
The pinwheel is made from a Redbull can. They have Redbull here.

This is most-likely Sudanese gas coming back into the country after being refined abroad. Chinese companies have contracts to drill for most of the oil in Sudan. People here say with confidence that most of the difficult labor is done by Chinese criminals who work here as their punishment. What competitive economics.

Whoever it was that started the idea in our children's books that roosters crow at sunrise was either a liar or hadn't been around roosters very often. They don't seem to know the difference between 7 a.m, 3 a.m, or 5 p.m. I have not gotten close to the roosters here on the compound. Not because they're inconsistent alarm clocks, but because we never know which one we'll eat. I couldn't do that to a friend.

They still haven't apologized about the balding incident, but they are beautiful.

This is the strangest picture I will ever take. He is a really nice guy though.
1 comment:
oooh alex. i am so enjoying your blog. its so awesome. thanks for sharing your beautiful stories.
Post a Comment